Monday, August 22, 2011

WHATS UP DOC?

I always love a good Carrot Muffin!  Actually I'm sure you guys are noticing a trend that I just like muffins in general.  I've been on the hunt for a great carrot muffin recipe for quite some time now.  Anyways.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

CARROT MUFFINS:

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
4 Large Eggs
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Canola Oil
2 Cups Raw Carrots, finely grated
1 Cup Apple, grated
1/2 Cup Pecans or Walnuts, coarsely Chopped
1 Cup Raisins, Currants, or Dried Cherries

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350F.  Place paper liners in tins, or grease muffin tins.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and oil until slightly thickened.  Fold in the flour mixture until just incorporated.  Fold in grated carrots, apple, nuts and raisins.  Evenly divide batter between muffin tins (mine made 14 muffins)

Bake approx. 20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let sit in pan for 5 mins and place on wire rack to cool.  Dip in Cream cheese icing and garnish.  ENJOY!!

CREAM CHEESE ICING:

1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 8oz Pkg. of Cream Cheese, room temp
3 Cups Icing Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

DIRECTIONS:

Combine the butter and cream cheese.  Mix well.  Add the icing sugar 1/2 Cup at a time until incorporated.  Add the vanilla and beat well.
*note- This makes a TON of icing!  You could easily 1/4 the recipe for the batch of muffins up above.  I choose to make the entire batch and freeze the remaining icing for a future date!  HAPPY BAKING!

2 comments:

  1. I always make carrot cake but never in muffin form.... I'm going to have to try this, and doesn't the cream cheese icing just make it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh these look gorgeous, i have such a sweet tooth and the frosting is my favourite xx

    ReplyDelete