Friday, May 6, 2011

FRIDAY FAVORITES



As you all know, it is just about BBQ season.  There is nothing I like more than getting together with friends, having some cocktails, and BBQing up some fabulous food.  Today's Friday Favorites is all about Cocktails.  I'm definitely past the point of drinking to excess, as I did when I was younger, but I do enjoy a good cocktail once in awhile.  These are my favorites:

#1-Mojito.  This drink is a new discovery to me.  The thought of having "mint" in anything other than my toothpaste kind of disgusted me.  On my "Single Ladies" vacation to Cuba this past November, I thought I would step outside my comfort zone and try it... Needless to say, I'm forever in search of a good Mojito now when I go out for dinner.  

#2-Chi Chi. This reminds me of sitting on a beach somewhere.  It's basically a Pina Colada with Vodka instead of Rum.  (Rum and I aren't exactly the best of friends, after an over indulgence of it at an early age)  But really... who doesn't love a good coco-nutty drink with a little umbrella?  It practically screams Summer!

#3-Mango Margarita.  I discovered these little beauties on a family vacation to Mexico.  The best part is, I hate Tequila, so technically I like this drink "Virgin".  I also found some great mix at Winners last summer.  I can't wait wait to whip out the blender and make some of these up!

#4-Long Island Iced Tea.  Now I like a good iced tea on a good day, but this one is just that little extra special.  This is always my fall back drink if I can't think of anything else that I want.

Anyone else out there have some favorites?  I always like discovering new great drinks!

Remember, drink responsibly, and for goodness sake, Do NOT, Drink and Drive!  I hope you all have a wonderful Weekend!  Happy BBQing!

No comments:

Post a Comment