Friday, July 1, 2011

FRIDAY FAVORITES



Today only really needs one Favorite!  My favorite thing about it is that I AM PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN!

Now the best thing about being Canadian is being surrounded by a bunch of other equally fabulous Canadians.  People who are proud to live in this great country!  Seeing as how it is CANADA DAY today I thought I'd share some funny things that apply to most Canadians. 

You know your Canadian if....

1) Driving in the winter is better than summer because the "pot-holes" are filled in with snow
2) You have "Canadian Tire" Money stashed somewhere.
3) We have ALL frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it
4) You've gone trick-or-treating in a blizzard
5) Effective "mosquito repellent" is a shotgun
6) Roll up the rim is the most exciting time of year
7)You know 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction
8)You perk-up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada"
9)You know what a toque is and you own one and often wear one
10)You understand the sentence, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just spilled my bowl of poutine"!

Now for a little something fun.  For those of you actually from Canada, you will appreciate this.  For those of you who aren't from here, you might be a little confused, but with a little bit of though you might figure out some of these blunders.  You might even find humor in some of these questions.

All Time Dumbest Questions Asked By Banff Park Tourists
Yes, they're ALL TRUE as heard at the information kiosks manned by Parks Canada staff!

1. How do the elk know they're supposed to cross at the "Elk Crossing" signs?

2. At what elevation does an elk become a moose?

3. Tourist: "How do you pronounce 'Elk'?"
Park Information Staff: "'Elk.'"
Tourist: "Oh."

4. Are the bears with collars tame?

5. Is there anywhere I can see the bears pose?

6. Is it okay to keep an open bag of bacon on the picnic
table, or should I store it in my tent?

7. Where can I find Alpine Flamingos?

8. I saw an animal on the way to Banff today -- could you
tell me what it was?

9. Are there birds in Canada?

10. Did I miss the turnoff for Canada?

11. Where does Alberta end and Canada begin?

12. Do you have a map of the State of Jasper?

13. Is this the part of Canada that speaks French, or is
that Saskatchewan?

14. If I go to B.C., do I have to go through Ontario?

15. Which is the way to the Columbia Rice fields?

16. How far is Banff from Canada?

17. What's the best way to see Canada in a day?

18. Do they search you at the B.C. border?

19. When we enter B.C., do we have to convert our money to
British pounds?

20. Where can I buy a raccoon hat? ALL Canadians own one,
don't they?

21. Are there phones in Banff?

22. So it's eight kilometers away... is that in miles?

23. We're on the decibel system, you know.

24. Where can I get my husband really, REALLY, lost??

25. Is that two kilometers by foot or by car?

26. Don't you Canadians know anything?

27. Where do you put the animals at night?
and for my all time favorite...

28. Tourist: "How do you get your lakes so blue?"
Park staff: "We take the water out in the winter and paint
the bottom."
Tourist: "Oh!"

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, this is amazing post! Love it. Hahahaha, still laughing as I'm reading the dumbest questions again.
    I hope you've been well! Kisses!

    CLASSY & FABULOUS

    ReplyDelete