Sunday, June 26, 2011

WHAT IS HAPPINESS?


What does happiness mean to you?  Is it financial freedom?  Is it traveling the world?  Is it spending time with the ones you love?  I believe we all find happiness in different things.  They can be great big things or the simplest of things, all that matters is that we find true happiness.

For me, happiness means being comfortable with myself.  To love me for all my strengths and weaknesses, and to know that I am one of a kind.  A perfect masterpiece.  There is nobody out there in the whole world who is exactly the same as me, and I kind of like the experience of being unique.

Happiness is also about being surrounded by family and friends.  The people I have chosen to surround myself with have all contributed to shaping me into who I am.  Each and every one of them brings great and special qualities to our relationship.  Knowing I have such kind, honest, beautiful, and generous friends makes me feel great.  Not only do these people make me happy, but they inspire me.  Inspire me to be a little more generous, a little more patient, and to try a little harder. 

Happiness doesn't have to be about other people.  Happiness can be that perfect cup of coffee first thing in the morning.  The feeling of crawling between clean, wind blown, sheets fresh off of the line.  It is holding a small child, helping someone in need and finding comfort in all things familiar.

Today's assignment is to stop for 5 minutes and think of all the things that make you happy.  Write them down.  Make a plan to do one thing every day that brings you happiness.  My favorite thing about happiness is.... It's free.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought that happiness was all of the mentioned on the first lines, but after trying that for a while I discovered that was your for a while and not there to stay, after some years I've realized that being at peace with my self is my happiness! Lovely words as usual!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete