Saturday, April 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "EL WANDRO"!!

I wanted to say a GREAT BIG Happy 55th Birthday to my Dad today! (You are officially old enough to qualify for a seniors discount!) 

I know you guys are probably wondering about the "El Wandro" in the title.  It just so happens to be a name my fab SIL and I came up with for him on our way back from the Dominican Republic one year.  Now to understand this story you need to know that my dad happens to be a bit of a wanderer.  We could be going anywhere, to the market, through the airport, to dinner or even the beach and manage to lose him.  I don't know what it is, but he's there one minute and gone the next.  Something catches his eye and he just veers off  and vanishes (kind of like me when I see shiny things) while everyone keeps walking.  All of a sudden, someone turns around and realizes he is missing.  He always turns up, and everyone (with the exception of my mom) thinks its absolutely hilarious.  Anyways, Natasha and I were being ridiculous and pretending we spoke Spanish.  Our Spanish involved putting the word "EL" in front of anything... (El Taco, El Magazino, El drinko) and apparently an "O" on the end of every word.  Somehow we came up with "El Wandro" for my dad and it kind of stuck.

Now my dad is one of the kindest most generous people you will ever meet!  I know I haven't always seen eye to eye with him.  I know I've frustrated the bejeepers out of him at times, but regardless, he still loves me, and I love him too!  Today is all about celebrating a wonderful man!  So Happy Birthday Dad!  I wish I could be there to celebrate with you guys.  You make me so proud to be your daughter! 

And PS.... You are one hunk of burning love in that sequin hat!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment